out of memory

Moses DeJong dejong at cs.umn.edu
Sat Jan 9 16:52:35 PST 1999

I remember reading something to the effect of "space for an
OutOfMemoryException exception must be allocated when the
JVM is created so that the exception can be thrown when
no more memory can be allocated" in the JDK docs. It seems
like preallocating the Exception is a requirement and not
just a good idea.

I hope that helps
mo dejong