unix-internal anybody?

Godmar Back gback at cs.utah.edu
Mon Jan 11 00:07:48 PST 1999

> Godmar Back writes:
>
> QNX 4 doesn't support ITIMER_VIRTUAL timers, and consequently cannot
> use jthreads as is. Would it be possible to let jthreads default to
> non-preemptive scheduling when ITIMER_VIRTUAL is not defined? In that
> case QNX 4 could use jthreads.

Currently, jthreads assumes that ITIMER_VIRTUAL works if HAVE_SETITIMER
is defined.  See the #if defined(HAVE_SETITIMER) surrounding the
activate_time_slicing/deactivate_time_slicing definitions.

It's already defaulting to non-preemptive scheduling if setitimer isn't
there.  We can certainly add a && defined(ITIMER_VIRTUAL) is that will
do.  Plus, we may want to exclude the call to catchSignal(SIGVTALRM) too.

	- Godmar