Another fix for libltdl

Raffaele Sena raff at aromatic.com
Tue Jan 12 15:59:44 PST 1999

On 13 Jan 1999, Alexandre Oliva wrote:

> On Jan 12, 1999, Raffaele Sena <raff at aromatic.com> wrote:
>
> > ltdl.c contains some code to cope with "standard" shared libraries
> > (non-libtool), but it's not complete.
>
> Actually, I had recently broken it; Thomas Tanner has fixed it in
> libtool yesterday, I'll update Kaffe as soon as I install your other
> patch to libtool.

	Thanks, Alexandre.

	In the mean time I figured out why my test library wouldn't load.
	I didn't change the definition of LIBRARYSUFFIX in
	libraries/clib/native/Runtime.c. Now also the test is working.

	BTW, this means when I create a native library I have to know
	that you are using libtool, and this may not be true if I got
	a preinstalled kaffe binary and I don't have access to the sources
	(or I'm too lazy to read the documentation :)

	What would be the drawback of trying to load the native library
	if loading the .la fails ?

	Another alternative could be to distribute a script that builds
	the native library from the C file(s) (so I don't have to figure
	out all the right compiler/linker flags to build the library).

-- Raffaele