[Kaffe] problem with bad libgif link in CVS code

John C. Hayward John.C.Hayward at wheaton.edu
Tue Jan 26 23:24:32 PST 1999

I'm having a similar problem (or so I think).  My jpeglib and headers
are in /usr/pkg/lib and /usr/pkg/include but I cannot see how to get
configure to detect them.

(Symptoms are that when I attempt to display an image of jpeg kind the
 system crashes with a null pointer exception.  Looking at the jpeg
 code in kaffe it seems that if the right defines are not set a null
 pointer is returned for getImage {at least that is a blearied eye view
 at the time})

Pointers on the best way to get configure to see includes and libraries
not in standard places will be appreciated.

johnh...
... problems with configure ...