sysdepCallMethod ??

Edouard G. Parmelan Edouard.Parmelan at quadratec.fr
Fri Jul 9 03:58:32 PDT 1999

Hideki Naoi (Socrates-Pedro) wrote:

> We are trying to port Kaffe to a Power PC MPC860 with pSOS+. We already
> know that it exists a port for the Power PC, but with another O.S. : does
> it work ?
Sorry, I don't know where it is.

> We have problems with the sysdepCallMethod(), there is no "common.h"
> file for the Power PC, so we are actually working with the 68000 one,
> but it seems that it is not compatible. Do we have to rewrite the
> sysdepCallMethod() with the Power PC´s assembler ?

sysdepCallMethod() is only need when you compile Kaffe with JIT engine.
As PowerPC JIT engine don't exist, you don't need it :(
You should configure with:
./configure --with-engine=intrp

If you want add PowerPC JIT engine, you are welcome, and then you
must rewrite sysdepCallMethod() in PowerPC assember.  If you do so,
use the CVS tree, sysdepCallMethod() have change since 1.0.b4, it's
simpler now.
--
Edouard G. Parmelan                         Ingenieur Developpeur
Quadratec - Parc Club "Orsay Universite" - 14/16,rue Jean Rostand