file errors under win32-cygnus

Alexandre Oliva oliva at dcc.unicamp.br
Mon Mar 1 03:19:33 PST 1999

On Feb 28, 1999, Godmar Back <gback at cs.utah.edu> wrote:

> Secondly, configure doesn't usually like the colon.  You should
> use \\d\Project\kaffe-build instead.

Actually, //d/Project/kaffe-build should be better.  This is reported
not to work in the latest snapshots of Cygwin, though :-(  They're
modifying the notation for drives again :-(

>> Running 'kaffe HelloWorld' in a dos shell in NT, I ALSO get:

>> WARNING: previous dlopen of  wasn't correctly performed
>> WARNING: previous dlopen of  wasn't correctly performed
>> WARNING: previous dlopen of /WINNT/libio.dll wasn't correctly performed
>> WARNING: previous dlopen of //d/Project/kaffe-build/libexec/libio.dll wasn't correctly performed
>> WARNING: previous dlopen of /Program Files/cygnus/cygwin-b20/H-i586-cygwin32/bin/libio.dll wasn't correctly performed

> No idea.

Weird...  This may have something to do with the existence of multiple
libio.dlls.  Maybe if you try to link libio statically: remove
libio.la from the build tree and run `make AM_CFLAGS=-static' from
that directory.  Then, run `make' in the top-level, then `make
install'.

--
Alexandre Oliva http://www.dcc.unicamp.br/~oliva aoliva@{acm.org,computer.org}
oliva@{dcc.unicamp.br,gnu.org,egcs.cygnus.com,samba.org}