Problem with NetBSD-1.3.3 making snap

Alexandre Oliva oliva at dcc.unicamp.br
Thu Mar 4 08:28:44 PST 1999

On Mar  3, 1999, Kiyo Inaba <inaba at src.ricoh.co.jp> wrote:

> Alexandre wrote:
>> After `make dist', any make program will do.

> Since you are talking 'any make program', does it include old
> make program like one on ultrix v4.2?

Yep.  Of course, I'm talking about the Makefile part of the package,
not about any limitation of Kaffe itself for such a platform :-)

> I can help to test it with vanilla SunOS's or ultrix's.

That'd be great, if you have enough spare CPU cycles :-)

> If we can make gcc is the only gnu tool needed to construct
> kaffe, it is one big improvement, in some sense.

That was the intent of adopting automake.

--
Alexandre Oliva http://www.dcc.unicamp.br/~oliva aoliva@{acm.org,computer.org}
oliva@{dcc.unicamp.br,gnu.org,egcs.cygnus.com,samba.org}