Problems compiling on NetBSD/m68k

Alexandre Oliva oliva at dcc.unicamp.br
Sun Mar 7 09:45:52 PST 1999

On Mar  4, 1999, Kiyo Inaba <inaba at src.ricoh.co.jp> wrote:

> _GLOBAL_OFFSET_TABLE_ are defined when I use -fPIC for gcc. With the
> configuration above, two files shown below have references to this
> symbol.
> 	libltdl/.libs/ltdl.lo
> 	kaffe/kaffe/.libs/KaffeS.o

With the currently installed libtool, KaffeS.o will only be compiled
with -fPIC on FreeBSD, where its lack would cause problem.

> So, where this symbol is defined?
> 	lib/libc.a <= NO.
> 	lib/libc.so.12.20 <= YES

What I don't get is why it is trying to link libc.a, not libc.so.
What was the libtool command line that led to this problem, and what
was the link command it issued?

--
Alexandre Oliva http://www.dcc.unicamp.br/~oliva aoliva@{acm.org,computer.org}
oliva@{dcc.unicamp.br,gnu.org,egcs.cygnus.com,samba.org}