Anyone using kaffe together with jserv?

Kit McCormick ktm at gims.net
Wed May 12 15:02:27 PDT 1999

On Wed, 12 May 1999, Adam Messer wrote:
>Hello Helge,
>
>	I too am trying to get Kaffe working with jserv (and apache). I
>can't
>even get as far as you. I get a message that says my JVM crashed 5
>times and
>then it gives up. Any ideas?
>
>Thanks,
>Adam Messer

Yup.  The JVM is dying because it can't load some classes.  Kaffe's JVM
is not 100% compatible with ever what was used to build the jserv jar file.
If you can get jserv's java files to compile with kaffe, you should be good to
go.  You haven't got a prayer on kaffe 1.0b3 or earlier.  I have jserv 0.9.12
running with a post-1.0b3 snapshot of kaffe.  jserv 1.x contains a lot more
java code, and i've just started hacking my way through the build.

TTFN.
Kit