Newbie question

Edouard G. Parmelan Edouard.Parmelan at quadratec.fr
Fri May 28 02:14:54 PDT 1999

Gunnar Stahl wrote:

> Then I tried to run the IDE I`m working with for a year now (netbeans
> developer 2.1.1, completely written in java using jdk1.1 and jfc1.1).
> When I start it after a few seconds I get the error
> "java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError [exception was
> java.lang.NullPointerException]".

Could you send the complete stackTrace of the exception ?

You could also export KAFFE_DEBUG=gdb before start your IDE and inspect
java and C stack trace with ``jitwhere'' and ``findNativeMethod'' from
developers/gdbinit.  You may re configure with --enable-debug before.

To load GDB user functions in GDB use ``source path-to-gdbinit'' or create
a ``.gdbinit'' file.

Hope this help
--
Edouard G. Parmelan                         Ingenieur Developpeur
Quadratec - Parc Club "Orsay Universite" - 14/16,rue Jean Rostand