Need help with Kaffe Custom Edition

Edouard G. Parmelan Edouard.Parmelan at quadratec.fr
Thu Nov 18 06:55:07 PST 1999

Ganesh Sivaraman wrote:

> I am planning to use the CE for non-windowing system ie using the
> framebuffer. I am running RHLinunx 6.0 with kernel 2.2.5. At present I
> want to run Java application by using the framebuffer not X.
>
> Could you let me know as to how to go about it? Is there some
> documentations on the Custom edition. I am going through the edition but
> still it would be kind enuff if any one can help me.

For information about Custom Edition of Kaffe, contact Transvirtual
maybe at info at transvirtual.com.

For Desktop Edition (aka GPL Kaffe) you should rewrite some classes of
java.awt and navite methods for framebuffer.  Currently, Kaffe Desktop
Edition support X11 and win32.  You could find these classes under
libraries/javalib/awt and libraries/clib/native/awt/X for X11 port and
libraries/javalib/awt/win32 and libraries/clib/native/awt/win32 for
win32 port.

Hope this help.
--
Edouard G. Parmelan