experimental gcj support added to kaffe

Godmar Back gback at cs.utah.edu
Mon Nov 29 23:28:37 PST 1999

 Hi,

I implemented some experimental facilities for supporting gcj-compiled
code in kaffe.  You can precompile both kaffe's class libraries and your
application in this way, yet at the same time dynamically load code that
is translated.  Currently, this only works for the x86 in a shared
library setting.  I tested on Linux, FreeBSD/ELF should work too.

Don't expect a flawless setup yet:  this is more for people who
want to explore things and help testing and debugging.

kaffe/FAQ/FAQ.gcj should contain enough documentation to get interested
people started, or else you can ask questions to the list.

Enjoy,

	- Godmar