Serialized form

Godmar Back gback at cs.utah.edu
Mon Nov 29 09:40:24 PST 1999

 Artur,

I think that running serialver on Sun's classes and hardcoding their uid
in classpath's or kaffe's classes is perfectly fine.
We've already done it for a lot of classes anyway.

I remember that Tim said at some point that using reverse-engineered
information is legally okay if there's no other way to achieve
interoperability.  This was in the context of header files, I think.

Btw, it's the same with the values of "public final" constants in
many of Sun's interfaces.  Those aren't published either and have to
be reverse-engineering by writing programs and running them against
Sun's JDK)

	- Godmar