problem in kaffe jit code debugging using gdb

Archie Cobbs archie at whistle.com
Fri Oct 1 13:26:21 PDT 1999

Veeral Shah writes:
> I am trying to debug the Kaffe jit code on sparc machine using gdb .But
> the gdb cribs that the executable(Kaffe)format is not recognised.The
> executable doesnt crib while running alone.
>   I have given -g option (though $CFLAGS takes care of that option )as
> well as enabled the DDEBUG option in the makefiles but still i am not
> able to make out where lies the problem.I am sure that I am missing
> something in setting the proper options..
>   I would be really thankful if someone guides me on where could lie the
> problem.

This doesn't answer your question, but FYI there is an easier way
to do debugging with kaffe (recent CVS)..

  1. Configure kaffe "--enable-debug"
  2. Compile and install
  3. Set environment variable "KAFFE_DEBUG" to "gdb"

Then you will automatically run gdb with the proper arguments, etc.
See also developers/gdbinit.

-Archie