newbie classpath problem

Frank Morton fmorton at base2inc.com
Wed Sep 8 10:30:05 PDT 1999

> Oops, I forgot to mention that you need automake v1.4a or later.  There
> was a URL in a message from Alexandre Oliva to the Kaffe ML.

I grabbed the latest snapshot via anonymous cvs to make sure I
was clean, installed automake 1.4 (couldn't find a 1.4a anywhere).

But, I still had a problem. Remember, I'm a newbie with kaffe, so
I am guessing here. I don't even know the difference between jit
and jit3, but jit3 would not compile complaining about different
definitions for javaLangArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException.

Assuming that kaffe/kaffevm/baseClasses.h was right in it's definition,
I made these changes to kaffe/kaffevm/jit3/machine.c:

line 68: made it extern Hjava_lang_Class*
javaLangArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException;

(that is, a pointer to Hjava_lang_class)

line 240: removed "&" from &javaLangArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException

Things compile alright, but I made a big assumption here. Someone that knows
what they are doing please deal with the conflict which I either resolved
or made wrong in two places.

Still working on the classpath stuff...will be back to the list after
messing
with the new snapshot..

Thanks everyone for the response.

Frank