Kaffe core dumps

Aaron M. Renn arenn at urbanophile.com
Wed Feb 2 18:37:31 PST 2000

I'm trying to get Kaffe working but am not having any luck.  I downloaded
the gmp-2.0.2 and it compiles, but now it crashes anytime I try to run
a class.  (I can print a usage message though).  This is with the snaphot
or 1.0.5, statically linked or dynamic.  Here's the error:

larissa:~$ kaffe hello
Segmentation fault (core dumped)
larissa:~$ gdb /usr/local/kaffe/libexec/Kaffe core
GDB is free software and you are welcome to distribute copies of it
 under certain conditions; type "show copying" to see the conditions.
There is absolutely no warranty for GDB; type "show warranty" for details.
GDB 4.16 (i486-slackware-linux),
Copyright 1996 Free Software Foundation, Inc...
Core was generated by `/usr/local/kaffe/libexec/Kaffe hello'.
find_solib: Can't read pathname for load map: I/O error

#0  0x29 in ?? ()
(gdb) where
#0  0x29 in ?? ()
#1  0x4025c8e2 in ?? () from /lib/libc.so.5
(gdb)

When I had a similar problem with Japhar it was with failing to
explicitly link to -lpthread.  Could there be something similar here?
I'm on i386-Linux 2.0.33.  I've got libc6, so I'm not sure where this
libc5 thing is coming from.

Sorry if these questions are really dumb.

--
Aaron M. Renn (arenn at urbanophile.com) http://www.urbanophile.com/arenn/