Interfaces

Patrick Tullmann tullmann at cs.utah.edu
Mon Feb 7 12:54:09 PST 2000

Derek L Davies wrote:
> But JavaVM is a singleton as well and does have a 'this' pointer.  I
> guess maybe it's not really necessary in JavaVM then either, but was
> included anyway?

Its always easier to wrap a flexible interface an present it as a less
flexible one, so I suggest going with the 'this' pointer approach.  If
it turns out that all the JVMDI code in the world is written to the
singleton, no-this-pointer approach it should be pretty easy to wrap.
Going the other way is much harder, I think.

-Pat

Pat Tullmann                                       tullmann at cs.utah.edu
    Not many people realize just how well known I am -- Anonymous