Alpha OSF

William E. Cohen cohen at ebs330.eb.uah.edu
Mon Feb 7 17:40:00 PST 2000

I think that the configure script got the correct size for ints on our
machine.  I would suggest you do a "make distclean" then do the configure.
It looks like it might be using some bogus data ( "(cached)" comments in
configuration output).  Below are some notes I took when attempting to
create an executable for the DEC alpha.  I hope they help.  I was able to
create an executable, but it didn't seem to handle threading correctly.  The
last time I checked it only built the interpreter; the JIT system didn't
work.

-Will

Mon Oct 18 19:19:13 CDT 1999

Trying to install Kaffe 1.0.5 on
AlphaServer 4100 (4 processors, DEC Unix 5.60):

./configure didn't create the "md.h" file in ./config.  Fixed by
manually setting it.

Make complains:

Make: Don't know how to make #SCRIPTFILES_COMPAT.  Stop.

Problem appears to be in ./kaffe/script/Makefile,
caused by the '\' at the end of the line

SCRIPTFILES_COMPAT = \
#SCRIPTFILES_COMPAT = \
#appletviewer javac javadoc

Fixed by removing the \ at the end of "SCRIPTFILES_COMPAT = \"

Here are the results of the regression testing on the Alpha

No suffix list.
test -z "*.class *.fail *.out core *.core ExceptionTest" || rm -f *.class *.fail *.out core *.core ExceptionTest
PASS: HelloWorldApp.class.save
PASS: HelloWorldApp.java
PASS: TestIntLong.java
PASS: TestFloatDouble.java