Problems with awt over Kaffe 1.0.4

Alexandre Oliva oliva at lsd.ic.unicamp.br
Wed Feb 23 01:07:46 PST 2000

On Feb 22, 2000, Rodrigo Dias Arruda Senra <rodsenra at correionet.com.br> wrote:

> In my case the problem was that libawt* was not built at all!

The reason is pretty obvious to me:

configure:3416: checking for X
configure:3483: gcc -E  -I/usr/local/include conftest.c >/dev/null
2>conftest.out
configure:3479: X11/Intrinsic.h: No such file or directory
configure: failed program was:
#line 3478 "configure"
#include "confdefs.h"
#include <X11/Intrinsic.h>
configure:3559: gcc -o conftest -g -O2 -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes
-I/usr/local/include  conftest.c -lXt  -L/usr/local/lib  1>&5
configure:3554: warning: function declaration isn't a prototype
configure: In function `main':
configure:3555: warning: implicit declaration of function `XtMalloc'
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lXt
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
configure: failed program was:
#line 3552 "configure"
#include "confdefs.h"

int main() {
XtMalloc()
; return 0; }

Do you have X11 headers and libraries installed somewhere gcc can find
them?

> Peter DeLaurentis wrote:

>> it went ok BUT for AWT. I get a similiar error.  I cannot compile
>> applications with AWT components with KJC - but this does not
>> overly concern me since I have another java compiler.

AFAIK, you should also install XFree86 for cygwin, otherwise Kaffe's
libawt won't be built.

--
Alexandre Oliva     http://www.ic.unicamp.br/~oliva/     Enjoy Guaraná
Cygnus Solutions, a Red Hat company        aoliva@{redhat, cygnus}.com