Comments on KAFFE GC

Sergio Ruocco sergio.ruocco at mlab.disco.unimib.it
Wed Feb 23 01:16:55 PST 2000

Ivan Canales Cañas wrote:

> > We're a pair of students at UPC (Univeristat Politècnica de Catalunya)
> > that are working in garbage collection. Our goal is to improve a pair of
> > gc's  algorithms on kaffe.

Nice. Please, let me/us know if you move towards "real-time" GC issues.

> > By now, we're concentring our minds in the study of the actual gc. Do
> > anyone have any documentation (notes, references, ..., o something like

You can start from here:

http://www.cs.ukc.ac.uk/people/staff/rej/gc.html

...and be sure to read:

ftp://ftp.cs.utexas.edu/pub/garbage/bigsurv.ps

Regards,

	Sergio
Dr. Sergio Ruocco  MsCS      mailto:sergio.ruocco at mlab.disco.unimib.it
Università Statale di Milano-Bicocca  http://www.disco.unimib.it
DISCo - Software Architecture Lab.    http://www.sal.disco.unimib.it
phone: ++39 02 6448 7851              cell: ++39 0347 2519828