Comments on KAFFE GC

Ivan Canales Cañas ivancc at retemail.es
Tue Feb 29 00:56:16 PST 2000

Sergio Ruocco wrote:

> Ivan Canales Cañas wrote:
>
> > > We're a pair of students at UPC (Univeristat Politècnica de Catalunya)
> > > that are working in garbage collection. Our goal is to improve a pair of
> > > gc's  algorithms on kaffe.
>
> Nice. Please, let me/us know if you move towards "real-time" GC issues.
>
> > > By now, we're concentring our minds in the study of the actual gc. Do
> > > anyone have any documentation (notes, references, ..., o something like
>
> You can start from here:
>
> http://www.cs.ukc.ac.uk/people/staff/rej/gc.html
>
> ...and be sure to read:
>
> ftp://ftp.cs.utexas.edu/pub/garbage/bigsurv.ps
>
> Regards,
>
>         Sergio
> --
> Dr. Sergio Ruocco  MsCS      mailto:sergio.ruocco at mlab.disco.unimib.it
> Università Statale di Milano-Bicocca  http://www.disco.unimib.it
> DISCo - Software Architecture Lab.    http://www.sal.disco.unimib.it
> phone: ++39 02 6448 7851              cell: ++39 0347 2519828

Hello people,

    thanks Sergio for the bisurg.ps file.
    Really we are not decided in what schema we'll work, the idea is to
implement one algorithm base in age an other based in time-quotted or
'real-time', and that will be there the user who choose one or the other.

    The age based has been decided, but the time-quotted based not,
    Are there anybody that know an algorithm like reference counting whith
more or less execution cost and that it not has the cicle problem?

Thanks in advise

    Ivan Canales.
    Marc Huguet.