state of the developer tools?

Patrick Tullmann tullmann at cs.utah.edu
Sun Feb 27 15:31:14 PST 2000

> Dunno, I haven't tested it lately.  If you give it a try and it
> works for you, just `make dist' it (automake CVS) and let us know.

I tried it out and it works (as well as I can tell).  I looked over
the Makefile.in diffs, and there are some bug fixes, but it doesn't
look like there should be any problems.  aclocal.m4 also has a bunch
of additions to it.

I put a snapshot at
	http://www.cs.utah.edu/~tullmann/download/automake-1.4a-20000227.tar.gz

I'm going to try maintaining a web page for the "approved" Kaffe
developer tools:
	http://www.cs.utah.edu/~tullmann/kaffetools.html

Incidentally, http://www.kaffe.org/develop.html should probably be
updated with the info on kaffetools.html, or just point to it.  (It
says automake-1.4 will work).

I've also tried the CVS version of autoconf, which requires some
dramatic changes to configure.in, so I say we stay away from that.
v2.13 works just fine.

-Pat

Pat Tullmann                                       tullmann at cs.utah.edu
	      Success means never having to wear a suit.