The JIT Icode Insn Set (200K HTML)

Edouard G. Parmelan Edouard.Parmelan at quadratec.fr
Wed Jan 5 07:20:33 PST 2000

Samuel Sanseri wrote:

> I am working with my advisor on porting the Kaffe JIT to IA-64 and have
> written a tabular summary of the icode instruction set in order to help
> myself understand the workings of Kaffe.  This document is chapter 1,
> called "The JIT icode instruction set"  and is attached in HTML format.
>
> As we proceed in development, further chapters will likely be written and
> posted to this list.  Any comments or corrections to this document will be
> useful to us in our development, and thus appreciated.
>
> For best reading of this document, you will require a large screen, with
> your browser stretched to maximum width.  This document can also be found
> at my homepage at http://www.cs.pdx.edu/~sanseri

It's a great job, thanks!  But could you avoid send a so big file in a
mailing-list?  Simply send a mail notification that you have made
changes and that new version could be downloaded from your homepage.

You clame table is based on Kaffe pre-release 1.0b4 it's quite old,
current release is 1.0.5.  Could you check your table with current CVS
Tree ?

Please that move_float_const() and move_double_const() should check for
+0.0 and -0.0, it's a fix for bug PR#122.  In C, +0.0 == -0.0 so you
need check 0.0 and then bit sign (1 << 63).

Again, thanks for your document.
--
Edouard G. Parmelan
http://egp.free.fr