java/lang/Object

Derek L Davies ddavies at world.std.com
Fri Jan 14 08:10:50 PST 2000

Derek L Davies <ddavies at world.std.com> writes:

> This is probably something really stupid but I'm flapping trying to
> figure it out.

AH HA!  I was right!  It *was* something really stupid ;-)  Anyway, I
just got my unit test to run successfully.  Now I just need to hook up
the unit test the right way then I can submit my changes.  I have some
issues around how to integrate my test.

1)  I didn't look really hard, but it doesn't look like there are any
unit tests for the JNI.  I took quick a look at how the "test" directory
is structured and decided to create a new directory,
"test/regression/native", for JNI unit tests.  Is this o.k. or does
someone have something more appropriate?

2)  It seems insane to require `make install` prior to `make check`,
but there's a bit of a chicken and egg problem with unit tests for the
invokation interface since one must link against libkaffevm .  I think
the right thing to do is to frob up a wrapper analogous to `kaffe
except that it sets up the environment to run from the development
tree rather than the installation tree.  It seems to me that this is
fine, but I thought I'd mention it in case anyone can think of
problems or a better way.