Small class file with loop from assembler gives odd behavior

bkuhn at ebb.org bkuhn at ebb.org
Sun Mar 5 22:24:46 PST 2000

Archie Cobbs wrote:
> Bradley M. Kuhn writes:
> > I am generating Jasmin assembler files that are being compiled with Jasmin,
> > and then run in the VM.  I had been using the Blackdown proprietary VM, but
> > wanted to switch to kaffe.  I found that kaffe did not work when I had an
> > assembler file such as this:
> >
> > .source Main.jasmin
> > .class public Main
> > .super java/lang/Object
> > .method static public main([Ljava/lang/String;)V
> >         iconst_1
> > 	Start_0:
> > 	ifne End_1
> > 	goto Start_0
> > 	End_1:
> > 	return
> > .end method
> >

> > I have attached the .class file that jasmin generates.  As far as I can tell
> > from the jasmin source, and from using "javap -c" with Blackdown's VM, this
> > should simply return without error.
>
> Your .class file was not attached.. please resend it (don't have
> jasmin handy).

I am sorry.  I forgot to attach the .class file when I forwarded the
message to the list.  BTW, is kaffe-bugs at www.kaffe.org going to be
fixed, or is there a better place to send bug reports?

Anyway, here is the .class file for the .jasmin file I included above.

--
         -  bkuhn at ebb.org  -  Bradley M. Kuhn  -  bkuhn at gnu.org  -
                          http://www.ebb.org/bkuhn