[Kaffe] javac compiler shipped with kaffe fails to compile this!

Mo DeJong mdejong at cygnus.com
Mon Mar 13 14:02:20 PST 2000

Hi all.

I just noticed that the javac compiler shipped with Kaffe is badly broken.
It will not compile the following class. I never noticed this before
because I always use jikes, but I would like to see Kaffe work
"out of the box" without forcing the user download jikes. This code
is perfectly legal, the javac compiler shipped with kaffe incorrectly
rejects it.

abstract class Inherit {
  abstract void foo() throws ClassNotFoundException;
}

public class InheritOverideException extends Inherit {
  void foo() throws ClassNotFoundException, SecurityException {}
}

Is this the right place to send compiler problem reports?

Mo Dejong
Red Hat Inc.