[Kaffe] javac compiler shipped with kaffe fails to compile this!

Artur Biesiadowski abies at pg.gda.pl
Tue Mar 14 01:23:24 PST 2000

Weyrich Computing Consulting wrote:

> Uh -- aren't child classen restricted to throwing some subset of the
> exceptions their parent class throws?  If that is the case, then isn't
> your example code broken, not the compiler?

SecurityException is a RuntimeException, so placing it in method
definition is in fact only a comment. I suppose that worse problem for
compiler is default (package) scope methods overridding each other
especially as one of them is abstract.
BTW, until now I thought that package access methods are not virtual,
called with invokespecial, just like privates, but it turned out that
they are exactly as protected, just invisible to children outside
package. One learns his entire life...