Linking problems with Kaffe VM

Alexandre Oliva oliva at lsd.ic.unicamp.br
Fri Nov 24 19:58:55 PST 2000

On Nov 24, 2000, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e at gmx.net> wrote:

> (b) On ELF systems ISTM that you could link Kaffe with -Bsymbolic.  This
> is not infinitely portable though.

Yep.  On systems that support it, adding -Wl,-Bsymbolic to the link
command should be enough.  I don't think there's any alternate
spelling for this switch, so it's kind of pointless to support it in
libtool.  Well, it could always discard the switch on platforms in
which it isn't supported, but I have trouble trying to convince myself
it's any better than having to explicitly test for it, and possibly
bail out when it's not supported.