CharToByteEUC_JP.java instead of CharToByteEUC_JP.ser

Daniel Veillard Daniel.Veillard at w3.org
Mon Oct 30 00:19:13 PST 2000

On Mon, Oct 30, 2000 at 12:24:38AM +0100, Edouard G. Parmelan wrote:

> Daniel Veillard wrote:
>
> >   And I avoided implementing those in libxml by reusing iconv
> > I would suggest to plus iconv support than trying to roll you own
> > set of converters (if not done already !)
> >
> >   http://www.opennc.org/onlinepubs/7908799/xsh/iconv.html
> >   http://clisp.cons.org/~haible/packages-libiconv.html
> >   ftp://ftp.ilog.fr/pub/Users/haible/gnu/
>
> This is a good idea, and glibc 2.1.3 also provide it.

  yep, run iconv --list on a linux box an it speaks for itself.
It's support in glibc-2.2 should also improve, for example support
for new variations of some eastern encodings.

Daniel

--
Daniel.Veillard at w3.org | W3C, INRIA Rhone-Alpes  | libxml Gnome XML toolkit
Tel : +33 476 615 257  | 655, avenue de l'Europe | http://xmlsoft.org/