CharToByteEUC_JP.java instead of CharToByteEUC_JP.ser

Ito Kazumitsu kaz at maczuka.gcd.org
Mon Oct 30 14:01:13 PST 2000

>>>>> ":" == Daniel Veillard <Daniel.Veillard at w3.org> writes:

:> On Mon, Oct 30, 2000 at 12:24:38AM +0100, Edouard G. Parmelan wrote:
>> Daniel Veillard wrote:
>>
>> >   And I avoided implementing those in libxml by reusing iconv
>> > I would suggest to plus iconv support than trying to roll you own
>> > set of converters (if not done already !)
>>
>> This is a good idea, and glibc 2.1.3 also provide it.

:>   yep, run iconv --list on a linux box an it speaks for itself.
:> It's support in glibc-2.2 should also improve, for example support
:> for new variations of some eastern encodings.

I agree that supporting iconv is a good idea.  But I am afraid
it may take some time to implement it in kaffe.

Adding charset-dependent programs, CharToByte*.java and
ByteToChar*.java, may be a less poor solution, but if
it can be done very easily, it can be a temporary relief
before the iconv support is realized.

kaz at maczuka.gcd.org
http://www.maczuka.gcd.org/