how to setup dev env with kaffe?

videmos videmos at my-deja.com
Mon Sep 25 15:13:00 PDT 2000

Hello,

I was playing a little with kaffe as a replacement for JVM from Sun's jdk, but I ran into trouble. Could someone let me know how to setup a working development environment that would have the same capabilities as Sun's jdk, but using kaffe and some other compilers instead ? I'm running Linux Debian 2.2.x - I would appreciate an example setup, or a URL to a document that describes something like this (I would like to run Swing, for example - what modules do I have to get from Sun as an addition to Kaffe JVM so I could run Swing apps ?).

Thank you for your help,

Martin

Before you buy.