Hi,everyone here! About Kaffe on Linux-vr

Nathan Meyers nmeyers at javalinux.net
Sat Apr 7 08:54:47 PDT 2001

On Sat, Apr 07, 2001 at 05:45:57AM -0500, yewang at eng.auburn.edu wrote:

> Hi,
> My name is Ye WANG, I am a graduate student in CS. This is first time I send
> mail to this list. I want to say hello to everyone here. Have a good day!
>
> I am working on Cross-compiling the Kaffe for Linux-VR, which is the Linux for
> NEC VR41XX processor. Is there someone who is doing this too or has done
> something similar?

I've done that for the Agenda PDA - I started with the Kaffe distribution
from the PocketLinux project (which had some LinuxVR config files)
and added config files for the Agenda. Details at:

    http://www.javalinux.net/AgendaKaffe/

I've got it working with X on the Agenda (AWT apps are terribly slow)
and am still struggling with getting a non-X version to work.

Nathan Meyers
nmeyers at javalinux.net