kaffe javac question: forward reference supported?

Edouard G. Parmelan egp at free.fr
Wed Apr 11 00:39:28 PDT 2001

Yong Chen wrote:

> Hi,
>
> thank you very much for the reply, it did help me to some extent. But
> unfortunately I'm still facing a problem which is related to my previous
> question. I tried to compile 2 classes (each references the other) at same
> time (like: kjc A.java B.java) but got exception (see below). This happens
> when these 2 classes are in same package, also happens when these 2 classes
> are in different packages.
>
> Any help is appreciated.

Could you send me result of

$ kjc -version

> java.lang.ClassCastException: can't cast `at/dms/kjc/CMethodContext' to
> `at/dms/kjc/CBodyContext'

And a small part of your both sources A.java and B.java that throw this
internal error.

Note that kjc release contains in Kaffe-1.0.6 is broken (kjc-1.4F).
You could use kjc.jar (kjc-1.4F-egp1) from latest CVS Tree or from
http://egp.free.fr/kaffe.  There are snapshot of KOPI CVS Tree with
minor fixes.

Note also that I'm currently testing alpha release of kjc-1.5 from KOPI
CVS Tree with Thomas Graf, upstream author.
--
Edouard G. Parmelan
http://egp.free.fr