kaffe javac question: forward reference supported?

Mark Wielaard mark at klomp.org
Wed Apr 11 05:22:31 PDT 2001

Hi,

On Wed, Apr 11, 2001 at 09:39:28AM +0200, Edouard G. Parmelan wrote:

> Note that kjc release contains in Kaffe-1.0.6 is broken (kjc-1.4F).
> You could use kjc.jar (kjc-1.4F-egp1) from latest CVS Tree or from
> http://egp.free.fr/kaffe.  There are snapshot of KOPI CVS Tree with
> minor fixes.
kjc-1.4F is were KopiSusu is based on isn't it?
Have the changes from 1.4F to 1.4F-egp1 been documented somewhere?
Or is KopiSusu already based on the egp1 version?

> Note also that I'm currently testing alpha release of kjc-1.5 from KOPI
> CVS Tree with Thomas Graf, upstream author.
Cool. So Kopi isn't dead after all. Nice to see that there is so much
interest in kjc. I personally try to make it possible to compile
KopiSusu with gcj to produce a native binary, but there are still
some bugs in gcj that prevent that (I have workaround for the KopiSusu
source code, but the right solution to fix the bugs in gcj). The startup
time of the native binary is much faster then when run with a standard
interpreter.

Is there a changelog for the changes from 1.4 -> 1.5?
KopiSusu has a very long and impressive ChangeLog at
<http://klomp.org/KopiSusu/changes.html>
Hopefully we can merge the kjc 1.5 and KiopiSusu 1.9 releases.

Cheers,

Mark

--
Stuff to read: