Kaffe size

Valentin Pavlov v_valchev at prosyst.bg
Wed Feb 14 09:08:32 PST 2001

Kaffe could be 50MB when installed but it could be significant smaller!
I prepared small, embedded linux distribution which can fit on 4MB flash
or flash disk. Actually the image I created was 8MB - I put on it
enough place for our server and possible bundles which are going to be
installed eventually.
The only software which fits on these 4M (even less) is:
glibc (which is the biggest - around 2M), binutils, kaffe, some additional
scripts
and our server core.

So you can try stripping kaffe binary and kaffe libraries from debug
information
which they can possible contain (they really do if you have 50M distro;)
You can do that with 'strip' command.

ProSyst Bulgaria                 Valentin Pavlov
44 D. Hadjikocev Street          Team Leader/Programmer
Sofia 1407, Bulgaria             Dept: mBedded Server
http://www.prosyst.bg/           Phone: +359 02 (9631394) 223
Leading Software Technology for Open Service Gateways