libkaffevm.so problem

Chris Pedley cp114 at york.ac.uk
Wed Jan 24 03:33:56 PST 2001

This is probably more of a C programming problem than
difficulties with kaffe but I'll ask here as you have
more understanding of the structure of Kaffe.

I have added a new function "gc_immortal_initialise"
to gc-mem.c, and declared it in gc-mem.h.  I want
to call this function during initialisation so I've
included "mem/gc-mem.h" from baseClasses.c and call
gc_immortal_initialise from there.

When I try and build Kaffe I get an error:

../kaffevm/.libs/libkaffevm.so: undefined reference
to 'gc_immortal_initialise'

What is wrong, how do I fix it, or how do I find out?

Thanks,
Chris