cross-compiling Kaffe

Edouard G. Parmelan kaffe@rufus.w3.org
Sun, 15 Jul 2001 23:50:28 +0200

First sorry for the delay, I'm trying to setup my iBook with
GNU/Linux and NetBSD :-)

On Tue, Jul 03, 2001 at 11:25:18AM +0800, ½¹·å wrote:

> I had download kaffe-1.0.6,and I want to compile it for arm using hadhat's arm
> compiler,

You can't use vanillia 1.0.6.  In my last mail, I suggest you to use CVS
version of Kaffe.  BTW, you can use last snapshot I have build.
Download it from http://egp.free.fr/kaffe.

> but I don't know how to change the cross-compiler using autoconf and
> automake.can you tell me how to do that?thanks very much.

I'm not familliar with cross-compilation, but I will try to write a FAQ
entry for that.

1.  First you need a working _native_ kaffeh in order to compile Kaffe
    itself.  So first configure Kaffe for local-use (without installing
    it).  And save kaffeh in your PATH.

    $ KAFFESRC/configure
    $ cd kaffe/kaffeh
    $ make
    $ cp -p kaffeh $HOME/bin

2.  Clean your build tree and setup your environment for
    cross-compiling.

    $ make distclean
    $ CC=cross-cc AR=cross-ar LD=cross-ld KAFFESRC/configure --host=target-host-alias
    $ make

Hope this help.
--
Edouard G. Parmelan