Next Kaffe release ?

Edouard G. Parmelan egp at free.fr
Thu Jun 14 05:35:47 PDT 2001

On Thu, Jun 14, 2001 at 10:43:45AM +0200, Sergio Ruocco wrote:

> Time passed since the last Kaffe release...from the Kaffe.org website:
>
> 	The last release is 1.0.6 and was released on July 25, 2000
>
> There is some new release at the horizon ? What is holding it back ?
> Where we can contribute to remove roadblocks ?

TODO before next release (not exclusive)

- Rewrite stack inspection for Alpha without OSF/1 libexc.  This task
  will enable JIT Alpha for GNU/Linux (and NetBSD).

- Solve random SEGV on NetBSD/PowerPC.

- Write JIT for PowerPC (NetBSD and GNU/Linux).

- Include new release of KJC kjc-1.5A.

Other TODO before or after next release:

- Port to Darwin (Mac OS X).

- Merge libraries with tvt-kaffe.

- Study backlog of patches.

- Solve random (and hard to reproduce) SEGV on FreeBSD/Intel.

--
Edouard G. Parmelan
http://egp.free.fr