Kaffe now available for the Agenda PDA

Nathan Meyers nmeyers at javalinux.net
Sun Mar 11 12:28:26 PST 2001

Kaffe team,

I've got Kaffe up and running on the Agenda PDA. Anyone interested in
the bits or information on how to build is welcome to visit
http://www.javalinux.net/AgendaKaffe . It has passed my grueling "Hello
world" test suite :-), so it's ready for prime time.

The page contains a patch to add the Agenda as a target to the
PocketLinux build distribution. The patch differs slightly from the one
I published here a couple of weeks ago (and which Tim incorporated into
the Kaffe tree). The change in config/mips/linux/agenda.h can be
summarized by this earthshaking observation: jthread thread-switching
does not work if you build Kaffe with NO_ASYNC_IO and use the AWT. (Not
that the Agenda needs NO_ASYNC_IO, but I originally copied agenda.h from
the existing config for the Helio.)

Nathan Meyers
nmeyers at javalinux.net