cvs Klasses.jar not up to date

Patrick Tullmann tullmann at cs.utah.edu
Mon May 14 20:44:55 PDT 2001

> It seems that the javac wrongly parsed source files (such as
> HelloWorldApp.java). Below is the output of "gmake check", (only
> first 12 files' output shown)

Do you know what 'javac' you're running?  The regression test suite
will use jikes, I belive, if it can find it.  The best way to figure
this out is to pass 'VERBOSE=1' on the make check command line.  Try
this (cd into test/regression first, its easier):

	make check VERBOSE=1

This will print the command its using to compile the .java files (the
line after "JAVA_SRCS=...").

Also, is jikes or any other java compiler installed and visible in
your path? (Running 'which javac' and 'which jikes' should find them
if they are.)

> PASS: HelloWorldApp.class.save

This means the Kaffe you compiled can at least run the pre-compiled
HelloWorld.  A good sign.

> ./TestIntLong.java:7: error:Syntax error:  unexpected token: End of file
> FAIL: TestIntLong.java

This is very odd, as line 7 isn't anywhere near the end of the file.
You might look at your TestIntLong.java and make sure it looks okay.
The only thing I can think of would be sort of dos/unix end-of-line
mixup.  I have no idea how that might happen, though.

-Pat

Pat Tullmann                                       tullmann at cs.utah.edu
 Thisemailhasbeenbroughttoyoubycocacolafavoredbyprogrammerseverywhere