cvs Klasses.jar not up to date

Yong Chen ychen at allegronetworks.com
Tue May 15 11:08:15 PDT 2001

Hi,

I did another fresh checkout from CVS (everything), this time it works much
better, the "gmake check" succeeded in all cases except one: InnerTest.java,
only this one failed.

I manually tested InnerTest (by issuing: java InnerTest), the result is
almost the same as expected (as outlined at the end of file InnerTest.java)
except the messages' sequence is different, here is my test result:

% java InnerTest
java.lang.Object: declaring: <null>
java.lang.Object: declared: <empty>
java.lang.Object: get: <empty>
InnerBase: declaring: <null>
InnerBase: declared: interface InnerBase$publicInstanceInterface [601]
public abstract interface
InnerBase: declared: interface InnerBase$publicStaticInterface [601] public
abstract interface
InnerBase: declared: class InnerBase$publicStaticClass [1] public
InnerBase: declared: class InnerBase$publicInstanceClass [1] public
InnerBase: declared: class InnerBase$protectedStaticClass [4] protected
InnerBase: declared: class InnerBase$protectedInstanceClass [4] protected
InnerBase: declared: class InnerBase$privateStaticClass [2] private
InnerBase: declared: class InnerBase$privateInstanceClass [2] private
InnerBase: get: interface InnerBase$publicInstanceInterface [601] public
abstract interface
InnerBase: get: interface InnerBase$publicStaticInterface [601] public
abstract interface
InnerBase: get: class InnerBase$publicStaticClass [1] public
InnerBase: get: class InnerBase$publicInstanceClass [1] public
InnerTest: declaring: <null>
InnerTest: declared: class InnerTest$Inner [1] public
InnerTest: get: interface InnerBase$publicInstanceInterface [601] public
abstract interface
InnerTest: get: interface InnerBase$publicStaticInterface [601] public
abstract interface
InnerTest: get: class InnerBase$publicStaticClass [1] public
InnerTest: get: class InnerBase$publicInstanceClass [1] public
InnerTest: get: class InnerTest$Inner [1] public

Can you check what's wrong with it? I actually encountered an inner class
problem when using Kaffe in my Java application server, the inner class
can't access member variables of its containing class, I always get
NULLPointer exception. I believe the problem is with kjc since firstly, if I
compile the java file using either kopisusu or jdk1.2.2, then run the class
file using Kaffe, the inner class can access the variables in its containing
class; secondly, if I compile the java file using kjc, then run it using
jdk, the jdk throws verify error exception.

I'm running kaffe on powerpc/netbsd. (A co-worker of mine made some changes
in libffi so kaffe can now run on powerpc/netbsd).

regards,
Yong Chen