What's the thread model on Linux?

Patrick Tullmann tullmann at cs.utah.edu
Mon May 21 15:57:23 PDT 2001

>   Does Kaffe use jthread or native thread when compiled on Linux (kernel 2.2.16)?

By default, Kaffe always uses the "jthread" threading package (look
for 'with_threads' in configure.in and config/*/*/config.frag).  It
can be compiled to use kernel threads on Linux
(--with-threads=unix-pthreads).  To see what version was compiled in
to a particular executable, use the -fullversion argument to kaffe.

(Hmm, config/i386/linux/config.frag references 'linux-threads' when it
should reference 'unix-pthreads' I think.)

-Pat

Pat Tullmann                                       tullmann at cs.utah.edu
	    He who dies with the most toys is still dead.