What's the thread model on Linux?

ece lca ecelca at yahoo.com
Tue May 22 15:53:51 PDT 2001

  Thank you.
  I tried to compile Kaffe with
--with-threads=unix-pthreads and I tested with
VolanoMark benchmark. (downloadable from
www.volano.com/benchmarks.html )
  But what I found is that kaffe cannot even support
200 users.  With jthread mode, it has no trouble
handling 200 users.  On the same machine, with Windows
and Sun JDK 1.3 I can run up to 1000 users.  What is
wrong with pthread?  Shouldn't kernel thread offer
better performance?

Yue