Best way to correct bugs in javalibs

Edouard G. Parmelan egp at free.fr
Tue Sep 4 14:46:05 PDT 2001

On Tue, Sep 04, 2001 at 15:11:04 +0200, Guillaume Rousse wrote:

> Hello.
> I've begun java implementation of pleac project (see
> http://lis.snv.jussieu.fr/~rousse/linux/pleac), and i test all code with
> current 1.0.6 kaffe, reporting which are OK and which fails.
> This made me find some interesting bugs, probably in java library
> implementations. So i downloaded the javalibs source from kaffe cvs, and
> attempted to correct them myself. But i don't understand how to proceed to
> easily modify and test basic classes from java package. Can someone briefly
> expose me what to do ? Thanks.

You should create a small test-case that show your bug.  To include it
into Kaffe's regression tests, you should add some magic comments in
your source (none are required).

// Sources: SOURCES
compile also these sources with current test case.

// javac flags: FLAGS
add some javac flags.  For exemple -nowarn remove warning lines and
therefore don't let's think that javac fail.

// Skip Run
Compile only

// java args: CLASSNAME [OPTIONS]
Replace current classname by this classname and options.

All lines enclose inside line
/* Expected Output:
and
*/
are compared to test-case's output.

// Sort Output
Sort output before compare it to Expected Output.

Script test/regression/TestScript handle these magic lines.  Run it with
all your test-cases or include them in test/regression directory and in
test/regression/Makefile.am (and Makefile.in or read FAQ/FAQ.automake).

"make check" run all regression tests.
--
Edouard G. Parmelan
http://egp.free.fr