While running Xalan & Xerces in Kaffe it hangs

Jukka Santala jsantala at tml.hut.fi
Mon Sep 24 06:52:56 PDT 2001

On Mon, 24 Sep 2001, Parthasarathy G wrote:
> We are trying to run latest version xalan and xerces in Kaffe 1.0.6. It
> hangs while getting the javax.xml.transform.TransformerFactory Object.
> Can anybody help us on this.

It's been some weeks since I've dealt with this, so somebody else may have
more fresh information, but using the latest CVS pull of the kaffe.org
Kaffe VM I had no problems with the latest Xalan J2 + Xerces J1 packages.
With the Kaffe.org latest release/binaries you're probably out of luck,
it's over year old and a lot has changed since then. I think there's no
"stable" release of the Xalan/Xerces package right now, either, you have
to settle for the "Developer release".

 -Donwulff