[kaffe] BDBJ debugger

Andrew Dalgleish kaffe@andrewdalgleish.dyndns.org
Mon, 22 Apr 2002 22:42:50 +1000

On Mon, Apr 22, 2002 at 08:07:11AM -0400, Derek L Davies wrote:

> Is anyone planning on merging this work into kaffe?  From what I can
> see it would allow emacs gud-jdb mode to be used with kaffe.  I will
> do an initial merge if people are interested, but I won't be able to
> do much more after that other than to add stuff to gud-jdb and submit
> back to the emacs maintainer.

I've sent an email to the author offer to help bring it inline with
current. I'm not sure what his licensing policy is on the non-Kaffe
parts. (There's 3 bits written in java which I'm not clear on.)

I'd also be tempted to do an interface to DDD.

FWIW, the GUI client is a quite flakey on my OpenBSD box,
no matter which JVM I use for the GUI.

The TTY client works just fine, although it's a little tedious to
use.