[kaffe] RE: Kaffe CVS: kaffe dalibor

Dalibor Topic robilad at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 18 09:19:56 PDT 2002

Hi Guillaume,

--- Audeon Guillaume <AUDEONG at thmulti.com> wrote:
> I'm a bit disappointed by the changes related to the
> SO_REUSEPORT socket
> option.
> AFAIK, it is almost not supported, and not in the
> JDK, as per the API
> documentation.
> Shouldn't these changes go to a dedicated Janos
> port?

Thanks for reviewing the changes. I thought that it
was useful[1] to include the SO_REUSEPORT patch, but
as you properly pointed out SO_REUSEPORT is not part
of any SocketOptions API released so far. Strike. :)

I checked the Unix Socket FAQ[2], and it seems to be
BSD specific. So it's not as portable as I thought :(

I will change it back to the old state with my next
set of commits.

Dalibor Topic

[1] As in: improves performance, and doesn't hurt
other platforms.
[2] http://www.dbaseiv.net/sockets/faq.html#faq50

=====
"Success means never having to wear a suit"