[kaffe] Release Candidate 1 this weekend

Dalibor Topic robilad at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 22 03:03:21 PDT 2002

On Friday 19 April 2002 02:52, Dalibor Topic wrote:
> Hi Jim,
>
> On Thursday 18 April 2002 21:34, Jim Pick wrote:
> > Sorry, I haven't gotten Release Candidate 1 (RC1) out yet.  I just wanted
> > to do a few things first:
> >
> >  2) Try compiling it on a few more platforms (Linux works, I just
> > installed NetBSD, I'm going to try it on my iBook (Mac OS X/Darwin), and
> > I'll take a stab at cygwin/mingw32)
>
> Solaris/sparc works, too. Works well enough to successfully run the hsqldb
> 1.61 self test :). Make check results in a few failures, though. I'll test
> solaris/intel & mips a tomorrow.

Solaris/intel works with a few failures in make check, same for mips/irix.

> >  4) Look at whether or not kjc should be updated
>
> I'd say yes, but I'm not sure if the current version from CVS has all the
> bugs fixed that I've reported. I'll check it out and post the results.

I tested it, and it runs well. We have no failures on make check, no
unexpected failures on mauve, except in one case, where the mauve test is
probably too strict. I'd like to check it in, if Jim approves.

> I also need to revert SO_REUSEPORT patch: I have a few library patches that
> I'd like to commit while I'm at it as I need to recompile Klasses.jar
> anyway.

The patch I'd like to commit is a patch that could resolve the Tomcat 4.0.3
Method.invoke problem Matthew Spencer reported on the mailing list. I'm
working with him to get the patch to work.