[kaffe] Release Candidate 1 this weekend

Dalibor Topic robilad at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 18 17:52:32 PDT 2002

Hi Jim,

On Thursday 18 April 2002 21:34, Jim Pick wrote:
> Sorry, I haven't gotten Release Candidate 1 (RC1) out yet.  I just wanted
> to do a few things first:
>
>  2) Try compiling it on a few more platforms (Linux works, I just installed
> NetBSD, I'm going to try it on my iBook (Mac OS X/Darwin), and I'll take a
> stab at cygwin/mingw32)

Solaris/sparc works, too. Works well enough to successfully run the hsqldb
1.61 self test :). Make check results in a few failures, though. I'll test
solaris/intel & mips a tomorrow.

>  4) Look at whether or not kjc should be updated

I'd say yes, but I'm not sure if the current version from CVS has all the bugs
fixed that I've reported. I'll check it out and post the results.

I also need to revert SO_REUSEPORT patch: I have a few library patches that
I'd like to commit while I'm at it as I need to recompile Klasses.jar anyway.

Dalibor Topic