[kaffe] Kaffe CVS: kaffe dalibor

Dalibor Topic robilad at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 23 14:56:12 PDT 2002

On Tuesday 23 April 2002 19:11, Brent Fulgham wrote:
> > On Tuesday 23 April 2002 12:43, Kaffe CVS wrote:
> > > Modified files:
> > > 	.              : ChangeLog
> > > 	kaffe/kaffevm  : object.c
> > >
> > > Log message:
> > > fixed array allocation overflow bug
> >
> > See changelog for an explanation. This bug was really messing
> > up our gc and led to a lot of unrelated assertion failure messages.
>
> Unfortunately it does not yet resolve the issue I reported with 'kjc'
> under Cygwin as I reported earlier on this list.
>
> I still get:
>
> Administrator at BFULGHAM1 ~/java
> $ javac PlusPlusTest.java
> assertion "!INTS_DISABLED()" failed: file "exception.c", line 386

As I don't use cygwin myself, I don't think I can be of great help :( It works
on linux i386 with engine=jit3, which is the platform I have acces to.

You could try to debug it yourself: read FAQ.debugging and run it under gdb,
load the gdbinit macros from kaffe/developers/gdbinit and poke around the
source to see what is happening. I prefer to debug with engine=intrp, since
then I can easily see what bytecodes are causing problems.

good luck and happy hacking,